Looking for your iPhone model? It is fairly straightforward. This guide will take you through the steps. To know the model of your iPhone, follow these two simple steps:
- Get the Model number
- Determine the model by looking at this list at the end of this page.
Step 1: Get Model Number of Your iPhone
There are two ways you can get the model number of your phone:
- From the General settings of your iPhone
- On the body of your iPhone
What iPhone Do I Have: Get Your Phone Model from Settings
To get the model number of your phone, follow the steps below:
- Open your phone and click the Settings app.
- When Settings App loads, scroll down until you local General. Click it.
- The first item on the General Settings page is About. Click it.
- On the About page, scroll down to Model number and note it.
What iPhone Do I Have: Get Your Phone Model from the Body
You can get the model number of iPhone 7 from the back of the phone.
If you use iPhone 8 or later, follow the steps below to find the model number:
- Remove the SIM tray and look in the SIM tray slot
- Make sure that you are looking at the side with the bright light above
- The model number is on the upper side, the side with the display.
Step 2: iPhone Model Number Lists
As at the time of writing, here is a full list of iPhone model numbers and their corresponding models.
To determine the model of your phone, check for your model number below:
|S/N||Model Numbers||iPhone Model|
|1||A1920, A2097, A2098, A2100||iPhone XS|
|2||A1921, A2101, A2102, A2104||iPhone XS Max|
|3||A1984, A2105, A2106, A2108||iPhone XR|
|4||A1865, A1901, A1902||iPhone X|
|5||A1863, A1905, A1906||iPhone 8|
|6||A1864, A1897, A1898||iPhone 8 Plus|
|7||A1660, A1778, A1779||iPhone 7|
|8||A1661, A1784, A1785||iPhone 7 Plus|
|9||A1633, A1688, A1700||iPhone 6s|
|10||A1634, A1687, A1699||iPhone 6s Plus|
|11||A1549, A1586, A1589||iPhone 6|
|12||A1522, A1524, A1593||iPhone 6 Plus|
|13||A1723, A1662, A1724||iPhone SE|
|14||A1453, A1457, A1518, A1528, A1530, A1533||iPhone 5s|
|15||A1456, A1507, A1516, A1529, A1532||iPhone 5c|
|16||A1428, A1429, A1442||iPhone 5|
|17||A1431, A1387||iPhone 4s|
|18||A1349, A1332||iPhone 4|
|19||A1325, A1303||iPhone 3GS|
|20||A1324, A1241||iPhone 3G|
Checking the model of your iPhone is a two-step process:
- Get the model number from Settings or the body of the phone
- Check the model number on the list above to determine what iPhone you have
If you have any questions or comments use the “Leave a Reply” form at the end of this page.