Wondering whether you can use WhatsApp on your PC? Yes you can! Since I started using WhatsApp on my PC I have not looked back! It is particularly useful if you use WhatsApp for work.
Here are the benefits of using WhatsApp PC App on your computer:
- When you use WhatsApp PC App, you can type faster with your keyboard
- With WhatsApp PC App you can download media files (videos or images) directly to your PC
- With WhatsApp PC App you can use keyboard shortcuts
Enough of the praises! Let me show you how to use WhatsApp PC App on your computer.
How to Install WhatsApp PC App
- Click download link to download WhatsApp you your PC. To see the download link, scroll down a bit. Download the installer and save it on your computer.
- Next, double-click the downloaded installer to install WhatsApp on your PC. The installer will install – during install, the second image below will be displayed on your PC.
- When WhatsApp finishes installing on your PC, it will start automatically with the QR code similar to the one below.
- Next, open WhatsApp App on your phone.
- Then click the 3 lines on the top right of the App (highlighted in the previous image). Next, click WhatsApp Web.
- When you click WhatsApp Web, it will load a QR code scanner. Point the scanner on your phone to the WhatsApp QR code on your computer. WhatsApp on your computer will connect to WhatsApp on your phone.
What You Can Do with WhatsApp PC App
With WhatsApp on your computer, you can do the following:
- Type and send messages using your keyboard
- Download media files (photos and videos) directly to your PC
- Read and respond to messages or start a new chat
- Respond directly or forward a message
- Start a new group
- Participate in group chats
- View the profile of your contacts
- Share documents, media files and contacts
- Send emojis, GIFs, stickers or recorded voice messages
- Mute notifications
- Select multiple messages to star, delete or forward
- Delete or clear all chats for a particular contact
- Search for messages
How to Start a New Chat on WhatsApp PC App
To start a new chat follow the steps below:
- Click the + sign highlighted in the image below
- When you click the + sign the New Chat window shown below will load.
You can do any of the following:
- Select a contact to chat with. Use the scroll button (highlighted) to scroll down to find more contacts.
- You can also use the search box to search for contacts.
- Create a new group
- Click on the contact or group you wish to share files with
- Next, click the file share icon (highlighted above). The options shown below will load.
When you click the first icon you can select a photo or video from your computer. The second icon (top to bottom) will enable the camera on your computer. The third is used to share documents (Word, Excel, PDF, etc) from your computer. The last icon allows you to share contacts.
Reply, Delete, Forward or Star Individual Messages
This section shows how you can delete, forward or reply directly to a message.
- Hover over the message. A drop-down arrow will display
- Click on the drop-down arrow
You can reply, forward, delete or star the message.
How to Use WhatsApp PC App to Mute, Delete or Clear Multiple Messages
The last section covered actions you can take on an individual message. In this section, I will cover things you can do on more than one chat. For instance, you can mute all notifications from individual or group chat. You could also delete or clear all messages in a chat or group.
To do any of the above:
- Click on the contact or group.
- Next, click the 3 dots on top of the App
To Mute messages from the chat or group, click Mute. If you wish to clear all the messages, click Clear Messages. You can delete the entire chat by clicking Delete Chat.
When you click any of these buttons, you will be asked to confirm.
How to Use WhatsApp PC App to Send Emojis, GIFs and Recorded Voice Messages.
As I mentioned earlier in the guide with WhatsApp PC app you can send emojis, GIFs or recorded voice messages.
Here is how:
- Click on the chat or group. See the image below
- To send Emojis or GIFs click the button on the left of the message box. The image below opens
- Beneath the image, you can select whether to send an Emoji [box 1], or GIF [box 2]. You could also send stickers [box 3].
- When you select an option, more options will open up on top of the image [labelled box 4]
- To send a recorded message, click on the microphone icon to the right of the message box.
How to Logout WhatsApp from Computer
In the last part of this guide, I will show you how to logout WhatsApp PC App. To logout follow the steps below:
- Open WhatsApp App on your phone
- Then click the 3 lines on top right of the App (highlighted in the previous image). Next, click WhatsApp Web.
- A list of all devices you are logged into will be displayed. Click Log out from all devices.
Using WhatsApp PC app on your computer comes with a lot of benefits. I hope you have been able to set it up on your computer. I also hope that this guide highlighted the benefits of using WhatsApp on your computer.
If you have any question or comment use the “Leave a Reply” form at the end of the page.