Do you want to copy and paste content in WordPress but don’t know how? You should read through this article, as it explains various methods to do that.
Precisely, this guide teaches three ways to duplicate content in WordPress. To be more specific, you will learn how to perform this task using a keyboard shortcut.
I will also teach you how to replicate content in WordPress using the context menu. In addition to that, this guide will demonstrate how to copy and paste a block of content in WordPress.
Finally, I will include an FAQ section toward the concluding part of this article. In that section, I will answer some of the frequently asked questions related to this guide’s topic.
Duplicating Content in WordPress Using Keyboard Shortcut
The fastest way to duplicate content in WordPress is by using a keyboard shortcut. Below are the step-by-step procedures to accomplish that.
- Login to your WordPress website’s backend dashboard using an administrator account. Then, left-click Pages or Posts on the dashboard’s left pane, depending on where you want to replicate content.
- On the next page, click the title of the page/post where you want to duplicate an item or text. For this guide, I will select the “Copy” post on our WordPress website.
- Afterward, wait for the post or page to load. Hence, highlight/select the content you wish to replicate.
- After doing that, press the Ctrl + C keys on your keyboard simultaneously to copy the highlighted/selected content.
- Now, select the area where you wish to paste the copied content. Then, use the Ctrl + V keyboard shortcut to paste the content.
Copying and Pasting Content in WordPress Using the Context Menu
Another method to replicate content in WordPress is by using the context menu. The procedures below demonstrate how to do that.
- Access your WordPress website’s backend dashboard using an admin account. Next, click Pages or Posts on the dashboard’s left pane, depending on where you wish to duplicate a particular content.
- Afterward, select the title of the page or post where you wish to replicate content to open it. I will select a post titled “Copy” on my WordPress website for this demonstration.
- After doing that, wait for the post or page to open. When the post/page opens, highlight/select the content you want to replicate.
- Now, right-click the highlighted/selected content. Then, select Copy from the menu that appears.
- After copying the highlighted/selected content, right-click the area where you wish to paste the content. Then, select Paste from the displayed menu.
Replicating Block Content in WordPress
Interestingly, WordPress also allows you to copy and paste an entire block of content. The following step-by-step details explain how to accomplish that.
- Using an admin account, log in to the backend dashboard of your WordPress website. Then, select Pages or Posts on the left pane, depending on where you want to replicate a block of content.
- Following that, click the title of your preferred post or page to open it. I will click the “Copy” post on my WordPress website for this demonstration.
- When the post/page opens, select the block of content you wish to copy. Then, click the Options icon on the toolbar above the block and select Copy block from the displayed options.
- Now, right-click the area you wish to paste the copied block and select Paste from the displayed options. Alternatively, use the Ctrl + V keyboard shortcut to paste the copied block.
Frequently Asked Questions
The keyboard shortcut to copy in WordPress is Ctrl + C.
Larry Tesler invented cut, copy, and paste.
Yes, you can copy text from MS Word and paste it into WordPress.
The Ctrl + V keyboard shortcut is used to paste copied items in WordPress.
Yes, you can. To do that, use the Ctrl + X keyboard shortcut to cut a highlighted text.
My Final Thoughts
Copying and pasting is a typical practice for creating content in WordPress. While this may seem easy to do, some might find it difficult to duplicate content in WordPress.
Gladly, this guide demonstrated three methods to replicate content in WordPress. To be precise, we discussed how to perform this task using a keyboard shortcut.
We also learned how to copy and paste content using the context menu. That’s not all; this guide illustrated how to duplicate an entire block in WordPress.
Ultimately, I hope you found this guide helpful. If you did, kindly share your views with our community at Itechguides Community.
You can also ask questions and provide feedback relating to this guide at Itechguides Community. Our team and some community members should respond to you as quickly as possible if you do.
Finally, for more WordPress guides, visit our WordPress & Websites How-To page.
To ask a question or comment about this article, visit the article's topic at Itechguides Community