This guide provides 2 fixes for Wifi not working on Windows 10 1903.
The error has been reported to be specific to Intel and Broadcom Wi-Fi adapters on NEC Computers.
Options to Fix Wifi not working on Windows 10 1903
The following fixes are discussed in this guide:
- Disable and re-enable Wifi adapter
- Uninstall KB4515384
1Fix for Wifi not Working on Windows 10 1903: Disable and re-enable Wifi Adapter
The first fix that have resolved this problem for so many users is to disable Wifi adapter from Device Manager. Then re-enable it.
Here are the steps to apply this fix:
- Right-click start menu. Then select Device Manager.
- When Device Manager opens, expand Network adapters (to expand Network adapter, click the right-pointing arrow beside it).
- To disable the Wifi adapter, right-click it. Then select Disable device.
- You will receive a prompt to confirm that you really want to disable the device. Click Yes.
- To re-enable the Wifi adapter right-click it again. Then select Enable device.
Your Wifi network should work fine after these steps. But if it still fails, try the next fix that has also proven to fix Wifi not working on Windows 10 1903 for a number of users.
2Fix for Wifi not Working on Windows 10 1903: Uninstall KB4515384
Some users affected by this problem have reported that their Wifi started acting up after installing KB4515384. KB4515384 is September 10, 2019 patch for OS Build 18362.356.
The same users have reported that after uninstalling this patch, their Wifi started working.
Here are the steps to check that your PC has this update and uninstall it if it does..
- Type cmd in search bar. Then click Run as administrator.
- Then, at the User Account Control prompt click Yes.
- At the command prompt, type this command. Then press enter.
wmic qfe list | find "KB4515384"
The command searches for KB4515384 patch on your PC. If it is installed, it will return the details. Otherwise, if the command does not find the patch on your PC there is no need to proceed the next step.
- If the previous command confirmed that the patch is installed on your PC, use the command below to uninstall it. Type the command. Then press enter.
wusa /uninstall /KB:4515384
You will receive a confirmation prompt. Click Yes.
- Restart your PC and check that your Wifi is now working.
I hope one of these fixes worked for you. Kindly share the one that fixed Wifi not working on Windows 10 1903 for you.
Use the “Leave a Reply” form to share your feedback. You could also share some details of this problem so other users can benefit from it.
Want more Windows 10 fixes? Visit our Windows 10 Fix page.