This Itechguide teaches you how to open spam folder in Gmail. The guide covers steps to open spam folder in Gmail from a PC (Gmail.com), iPhone or Android.
By Victor Ashiedu | Updated March 10, 2023 | 6 minutes read
Expand “Browse Post Topics” below to go straight to a topic.
How to Open Spam Folder in Gmail from a PC (Gmail.com)
- Open Gmail.com from a browser on your PC or Mac. Then, scroll down the left pane and click Spam.
- If the Spam label is not displayed, scroll down and click the More label, then beneath the More label, click Spam – see the second image below.
- When you click the Spam label, all messages in that label will be displayed on the right pane of Gmail.
In the next steps, I will show you how to mark a message as not spam, delete a message permanently, mark all messages as not spam or delete all messages in the spam folder permanently.
- To mark and email as not spam or delete the message permanently, right click the message and select an option.
- To delete all messages on the Spam folder, click Delete all spam messages now.
- However, to move all messages in the Spam label to the Inbox, check the box above the messages. When you check the box, Gmail will offer you the option to select all Conversations in Spam. Click the link – see the second image below.
- With all the messages in the Spam folder in Gmail selected, click Not spam.
How to Open Spam Folder in Gmail from the Gmail App
- Open the Gmail app on your smartphone.
- Then, on the top left of the app, tap the app’s menu icon (3 horizontal lines).
- To open Spam folder in Gmail, from the displayed menu options, tap Spam. All messages in the Spam folder will be displayed.
- To permanently delete all messages in the Spam folder, tap Empty Spam now.
- However, to delete a message (or multiple messages) or mark messages as Not spam, tap and hold a message until more options are displayed on top of the app. The message will also be selected – with a tick displayed on the left side of the message.
- To select more messages, on the left side of each message you want to add to the selected messages, tap the icon. Repeat for as many messages as you want to select.
- The number of selected messages will be displayed on top of the app (first highlighted part of the image below – counting from left to right).
- To permanently delete all the highlighted messages, tap the second highlighted icon (counting from left to right).
- Finally, to report a message as NOT spam, tap the last highlighted icon (top right). More options will be displayed.
- Finally, from the displayed options, tap Report not spam. All the selected messages will be moved from the Spam folder in Gmail to the Inbox folder.
You can use the 2 methods covered in this Itechguide to open the spam folder in Gmail! I also hope that you found it helpful. If you found it helpful, kindly spare 2 minutes to share your experience with our community at Itechguides Community Forum.
In addition to sharing your experience, you may also ask a question about the article at Itechguides Community Forum. Our Content Engagement team and other community members will reply to your questions as soon as possible.
Finally, for more emails and productivity Itechguides, visit our Emails & Productivity page. You may also find our Work from Home page very helpful.
To ask a question or comment about this article, visit Itechguides Community Forum