If you receive “Oooops something went wrong. reload” Spotify error, do not panic. The fix is simpler than you think!
This guide offers methods I have tested. The first is likely to fix “Oooops something went wrong. reload” Spotify error for you. But, if in the rare instance that it does not, I have other methods you can try. Here they are…
Steps to Fix “Oooops something went wrong. reload” Spotify Error
1Login to Your Spotify Account via Web Player
To get rid of “oooops something went wrong. reload”, error on the spotify web player:
- On the left side of web player, click LOG IN.
- On the Spotify login page, enter your email address and password. You can also click LOGIN WITH FACEBOOK if you created your account with Facebook.
- Once you are logged in “oooops something went wrong. reload” Spotify error disappears for good!
If logging in to your account does not fix this error message, try the methods below in order.
2Allow Flash to Run
Here are the steps for this method:
- Open Spotify web player on Chrome browser.
- Then click the padlock on the URL – highlighted in the image below.
- On the drop that is displayed, click Site settings
- When you click Site settings, Chrome settings page will open in a new browser tab.
- To ensure that Flash can run on this site, click the drop-down beside Flash. Then select Allow.
If this method does not fix “oooops something went wrong. reload” Spotify error, try the next one below.
This method involves checking whether Adobe Flash player has updates and if it does, updating it.
Here are the steps:
- Open Chrome. Then enter chrome://components into the URL field and press enter.
- Next, scroll down until you find Adobe Flash Player. Click Check for update. If there is available update, Flash will update.
When the update finishes (if there is available update), refresh Spotify Web Player to check whether “oooops something went wrong. reload” Spotify error is fixed. If it is, congratulations! If not proceed to the next method.
If Chrome is out of date, it may trigger errors including “oooops something went wrong. reload” Spotify error.
To rule this out, follow the steps below to check if Chrome requires update. It it does, to update it.
- On the top right of Chrome, click the 3 dots. Then click Help and select About Google Chrome.
- When the About Chrome page loads, Chrome will automatically check for updates. Then report back as shown below.
Check if your browser requires update, update it then refresh Spotify Web Player to check whether the error is resolved.
If the error is still popping up, try my final recommended fix..
5If Everything Else Fails…Reinstall Flash
The last method to fix “oooops something went wrong. reload” Spotify error is to reinstall flash. Here are the steps:
- Open adobe.com/go/chrome in Chrome.
- On the left side of the page, beneath Step 1 select your operating system. Then on Step 2, select the version of Chrome. Finally, on Optional offers (right of the page), uncheck all the boxes.
- Scroll down the page and click Download now.
- Save the file to a location on your computer.
Finally, open the folder you saved the file. Then double-click it to initiate installation.
- When the installation completes. Reopen Spotify Web Player. Then check whether “oooops something went wrong. reload” spotify error is resolved.
One of the methods listed in this guide should fix “oooops something went wrong. reload” spotify error.
Kindly share the fix that worked for you. This will help other readers.
Want more Spotify guides? Visit our Music & Video Streaming page.