This guide demos how to subscribe to YouTube Red (Now called YouTube Premium). We all know YouTube as a free service but it now has a paid service called YouTube Premium.
Options to Subscribe to YouTube Red
This guide offers 2 options to subscribe to YouTube Red:
- From your computer browser (YouTube.com)
- Subscribe from YouTube App on Android
1How to Subscribe to YouTube Red from YouTube.com
You can subscribe to YouTube Premium from your browser (YouTube.com).
Here are the steps
- Open YouTube.com on your favorite browser (I will use Google Chrome for this demo)
- If you have logged in, click your user profile icon (highlighted below)
- When you click your profile icon on the top right corner of YouTube, a pop down with more options will be displayed. From the pop down click Paid memberships.
- Then, at the Offers from YouTube page, beneath YouTube Premium or YouTube Music, click LEARN MORE. For this demo I will use Premium.
- At the Subscription page, click TRY IT FREE.
- If you have added a payment method into your Google Account, it will be available. To subscribe, simply click BUY. Alternatively, you can add a new payment method.
- When you click to add a new payment method, you will be offered options similar to the page below. Select your preferred payment method. For this demo, I will select PayPal.
- Then click BUY.
- Once you have successfully authenticated your payment you will receive a confirmation screen similar to the one below.
2How to Subscribe to YouTube Red from YouTube App for Android
If you are like most people you probably use YouTube from your smartphone. You can easily subscribe to YouTube red (Premium) from your Android phone.
Here are the steps…
- Open the YouTube App on your phone. If you are signed in to your account on YouTube, you will see a profile icon (top right of the App – highlighted below). Click on the icon.
- Then click on Get YouTube Premium.
- Finally, to subscribe to YouTube Red (Premium), click TRY IT FOR FREE. Then select a payment method and click BUY.
These are the two available options to subscribe to YouTube red (Premium).
Your subscription qualifies you for a free trial period. At the end of the trial period you will be charged a monthly reoccurring fee. If you do not want to continue paying you can cancel YouTube Red (or Premium).
Have a question, comment of feedback? Use the “Leave a Reply” form found at the end of this page.
Want more guides like this? Visit our Internet & Networks page.