Before you change your Outlook Password you have to first change it with your email provider. The reason is that Outlook is an email client. It connects to your email provider to send and receive emails.
After changing your email password with the provider (Gmail, Yahoo, etc), you will need to update the password in Outlook app on your computer. Click Change your password with your email provider to see how to change password with common email providers.
How to Change Outlook Password in Outlook.com
Follow the steps below to change Outlook password in Outlook.com:
- Open account.live.com/password/reset. The page will look like this.
- Next, enter the outlook email you wish to change the password. Then click Next.
- Select a verification method. When you select a method, you will be asked to enter the complete information. Enter the required information and click Get Code.
- Check your email or phone for the code. Then enter the code and click Next.
- Finally, enter a new password. Then re-enter it and click Next.
How to Change Outlook Password in Outlook Client
As I said earlier, after changing your email password with your provider, you may update Outlook client with the new password. You could also wait for outlook to ask for the new password.
Here are the steps:
- Open Outlook client on your computer. Then press Ctrl+Alt+S on your keyboard. This will open the Send/Receive Group options.
- Next, highlight All Accounts (beneath Group Name). Then click Edit.
- When Send/Receive Settings opens, on the left side of the page, select the email account you wish to modify the password . Then click Account Properties .
- On the Internet Email Settings, click the IMAP tab . Then on the part labelled , enter the new email password. Finally, click Ok.
Here you have it! I hope it has been helpful. Some key takes from the guide. To change Outlook password, you have to:
- First, you will need to change the email password in your email provider’s site. To see how to do this for Gmail, Yahoo, Apple iCloud/@me emails, click Change your password with your email provider.
- Then, you will update Outlook password for the email from Outlook on your computer.
If you have any question or comment use the “Leave a Reply” form at the end of the page. You could also share your experience with other readers.