This Itechguide teaches you how to send a calendar invite in Outlook. The guide covers steps to send a calendar invite in Outlook from a Windows 10 PC, Android and iPhone Apps.
1How to Send a Calendar Invite in Outlook from Windows 10
- At the bottom left of Outlook, click the Calendar icon. It is the second icon counting from left.
- Then, on the top left of your Outlook calendar, click New Meeting. Alternatively, beside New Meeting icon, click New Items drop-down and select Meeting.
- When the new meeting window opens, give the meeting invite a Title. Then, click on the Required field. When you click the Required field, Outlook will display a list of emails. If the person you want to invite to the meeting is in the list, select it.
- Alternatively, to add a name to the invite from your Address book, click Required. Outlook will load your address book.
- When your address book opens, click on a name. Then, at the bottom left of the screen click Required. The name you selected will be added to the field.
- Repeat the same step to add more people to either Required or Optional fields.
- Then, at the bottom right of the address book screen, click OK.
- Once you have added the people you want to invite to the meeting, the next step to send a calendar invite in Outlook is to add the meeting Start and End dates and time. To do this, click on the Date picker.
- Then, select a date. You can use the arrow on top of the date picker calendar to move to the next month.
- The final step to send a calendar invite in Outlook is to add a location (meeting room). To select a meeting room, click Location. Then select a meeting room from the Select Rooms window.
- Finally, on the top left of the New Meeting window, to send a calendar invite in Outlook, click Send.
- To return your Outlook to email view, at the bottom left of Outlook, click the email icon.
2How to Send a Calendar Invite in Outlook from the Android App
- Open the Android App for Outlook. Then, if you have not yet signed in, sign in with your email address and password.
- At the bottom right of Outlook App, tap the calendar icon.
- Then, at the bottom right of your calendar, tap the + sign (add event).
- When the New event window opens, if you have more than one email in the App, tap the Calendar drop-down and select the email address you want to send the Outlook calendar invite from.
- Next step is to give the meeting invite a title. Then, to add invitees tap the People icon.
- Then, on the Add people screen, start typing an email address. Outlook will display options. Click an email from the displayed options. If no email is displayed, type the full email address.
- When you finish adding emails, tap the save icon on the top right of the screen.
- The final step is to add the meeting date/time and Location (meeting room). If the meeting is all day, flip the All-day Event switch On (it is off by default).
- When you finish setting the meeting details, to send a calendar invite in Outlook, tap the save icon on the top right of the screen.
3How to Send a Calendar Invite in Outlook from the iPhone App
- Open the iPhone App for Outlook. Then sign in with your email address and password.
- At the bottom right of the App, tap the calendar icon.
- On the top right of your Outlook calendar, tap the + sign (add event).
- On the New Event screen, give the meeting a Title. Then, to add people to the meeting invite, tap People. Finally, add the meeting Date/time and Location (meeting room).
- When you finish adding the meeting details, on the top right of the screen tap save.
It is this easy to send a calendar invite in Outlook! I hope you found this Itechguide helpful. If you found it helpful, kindly vote Yes to the “Was this post Helpful” question below.
Alternatively, you could ask a question, leave a comment or provide a feedback with the “Leave a Reply” form found towards the end of this page.
Finally, for more Microsoft Windows Itechguides, visit our Windows How To page.