After creating a Facebook page you can assign page roles. There are different page roles you can assign but this guide will demo how to add administrator to Facebook page.
Based on the fact that different Facebook users access the platform from different devices this guide offers steps to add administrator to Facebook page:
- From the Facebook App or smartphone browser
- From a Desktop PC
1How to Add Administrator to Facebook Page from Facebook App or Smartphone Browser
As I mentioned earlier, if you created a Facebook page from a Facebook business account your option to add admin to the page from a mobile phone is to use a browser. Based on this, this section is divided into two sub-sections:
- Add Administrator to a FB page from the Facebook App
- Add Administrator to a FB page from a smartphone browser
How to add Administrator to Facebook Page from the Facebook App
If you use Facebook from the app on a smartphone you can add administrator to Facebook page from the app. Here are the detailed steps:
- Open the Facebook App on your phone and login with your Facebook account.
- Then click the 3 lines on the top right of the app and select Pages Manager.
- From Facebook Pages Manager, click the page you want to add an administrator to.
- When the page opens, click the gear icon (Settings) on the top right of the page.Then click Page roles (See the second image below).
- On the Page roles screen click Add Person to Page.
- You’ll be prompted to confirm your password, enter your Facebook password. Then click Continue.
- Then, at the Add Person to Page screen, type the name of the person you wish to add as administrator to the page and select the name from the list.
- On Page roles screen, select Admin and click Add.
- When you return to Page roles, the person will be displayed as Admin but pending acceptance. For the person you added to administer the page they have to accept from their end.
How to add Administrator to Facebook Page from a Smartphone Browser
If you use a smartphone and want to add administrator to Facebook Page created from a business account, use the steps below:
- Open Facebook.com from a browser on your smartphone. Then login to your Facebook account.
- Then on you Facebook page, click the 3 lines on the top right and click Pages.
- At the Facebook page, click the page you want to add administrator to. For this demo I will use Itechguides – the page was created from our Facebook Business account.
- When the page opens, click More. Then select Edit Settings.
- Then, at the page Settings, click Page roles.
- At the Page roles screen, click Add Person to Page.
- You will be prompted to confirm your Facebook password. Type your Facebook password and click Continue.
- At the Add Person to Page screen type the name of the person you want to add as administrator. Then select the name from the list.
- Finally, when Page Roles opens, select Admin and click Add.
- You will be returned to Page roles for the page. The person will now be listed as an admin (administrator) – pending the person’s acceptance.
2How to Add Administrator to Facebook Page from a PC
If you are one of those that access Facebook from a PC, here are the steps to add administrator to Facebook page..
- Open Facebook.com and login to your account. Then at the top right of the page, click the downward arrow and select Manage Pages.
- From the list of your Facebook pages, click the page you want to add admin to.
- When the page opens, at the top right click Settings. Then select Page roles.
- Finally, at Page roles screen, beneath Assign a new Page role click the Editor drop-down and select Admin.
- Then type the name of the person you want to add as admin and select it from the list.
- To add the person as administrator to the page, click Add.
- You will be prompted for your password. Enter the password and click Submit.
- The person will be sent an invite. The person’s status will be Pending until she accepts the invite.
It is that easy to add admin to Facebook page! If you have a question or comment, use the “Leave a Reply” form found at the end of this page.
For more guides like this one, visit our Social Media page.