This Itechguide teaches you how to upload a PowerPoint to YouTube.
YouTube accepts .mp4 video formats. So, before you upload a PowerPoint to YouTube, the first step is to convert the PowerPoint to a .mp4 video.
Here are the detailed steps to upload PowerPoint to YouTube…
1Convert Your PowerPoint to an MP4 Video
- On the top left of your PowerPoint presentation, click File. Then, from the list of displayed options, click Save As.
- On the Save As screen, beneath Other locations, click Browse.
- When Save As opens folder browser, navigate the folder you want to save the PowerPoint video file.
- Then, beside Save as type, click the PowerPoint Presentation drop-down. A list of file types will be displayed. Locate and select MPEG-4 Video.
- Finally, to convert the PowerPoint Presentation to a YouTube video, click Save.
- When you click Save, PowerPoint will start creating the video. It may take a while to convert the PowerPoint to a video file. Wait for message highlighted below to disappear.
- Then open the location you saved the video file to confirm that it is there. Here is the video I just created. The final step is to upload the PowerPoint video file to YouTube.
2Upload the PowerPoint Video to YouTube
- Open YouTube.com from your PC browser. Then, if you have not already signed in, login with your YouTube (Google Account).
- On the top right of your YouTube account, click the account icon. Then, from the list of displayed options, select YouTube Studio.
- When YouTube Studio opens, on the top right of the page, click the upload icon.
- Finally, upload the PowerPoint video you created in the last section. You could drag the video to the Drag and drop a file that you want to upload or click SELECT FILE.
- If you clicked SELECT FILE, navigate to the folder path you saved the PowerPoint video file, select it and click Open.
- Then wait for the file to upload – get to 100%.
- The Upload video page will load. You may wait for the video to be processed so you can modify the thumbnail.
- For your video to be found via search, it is strongly recommended that you add a description with relevant keywords.
- Scroll down to Audience and select a relevant option. Then, on the bottom right, click Next.
- On the next screen, make changes as required and click Next.
- Then, on the Visibility screen, click the Publish now drop-down and select your publication option. If you want the PowerPoint to be seen by anybody, select Public.
- Finally, to upload a PowerPoint to YouTube, on the bottom right of the Upload video screen, click PUBLISH.
It takes these 2 simple steps to upload a PowerPoint to YouTube! I hope you found the Itechguide helpful. If you found it helpful, kindly vote Yes to the “Was this post Helpful” question below.
Alternatively, to ask a question, leave a comment or provide a feedback, use the “Leave a Reply” form found towards the end of this page.
Finally, to read more music and video streaming Itechguides, visit our Music & Video Streaming how to page.