Want to remove login password in windows 10? You are not alone!
Apparently, a reasonable number of Windows users hate login passwords will rather remove login password in windows 10.
This guide provides a quick way to remove login password in Windows 10.
Steps to Remove Login Password in Windows 10
When you installed or migrated to Windows 10 chances are you added your Microsoft account instead of a local account.
If you only have an online account on your computer you will be forced to login with a password.
To be able to login to your computer without a password create a local account. Here are the steps:
I performed the demo in this guide using Windows 10 1903 build. Some of the screenshots will look slightly different if you have not upgraded from build 1809. Not to worry, the steps will still work for you!
1Open User Account Tool with netplwiz Command
Here are the steps:
- Press Windows logo + R key on your keyboard. This will open Run command.
- Then type netplwiz then click OK. The User Accounts tool will open
2Next, to Remove Login Password in Windows 10: Add a New Local Account
The next step to is to create a new local (non Microsoft account).
- On the User Account tool, click Add.
- Below Privacy statement, click Sign in without a Microsoft account (not recommended).
- On the Add a user screen, click Local account.
- Then enter the user’s Username. DO NOT enter a password. Click Next.
- The new user will be created. Click Finish.
3Next, to Remove Login Password in Windows 10: Grant User Admin Access and Enable Auto-login
This is where you actually remove the requirement to login with password. You will also optionally grant your new account administrator permission.
Here are the steps:
- Open Run command (Windows logo + R key). Then type netplwiz and click OK
- Next highlight the new account you created earlier (click on it). Then click Properties.
- When the properties of the user opens, click Group Membership tab. The click Administrator and click Apply. To close the user details, click OK.
- When you return to User accounts, highlight the new user you just created. Then uncheck the box beside Users must enter a username and password to use this computer. Finally, click OK.
4Finally, Login With Your New Local Account Without a Password!
The last step to remove login password in windows 10 is to log out of your existing account. Then login with your new account.
- Sign out of your existing account.
- At the Windows 10 logon screen, to log back in, click on the new user. In this example, the user is itechguides.
- Since this user does NOT have a password, there is no password prompt. To login click Sign in.
- Windows 10 will start preparing your profile. Wait for your profile to be ready.
- When your profile is ready, go through the final set up steps. It is a series of questions – just select, then click Accept.
With the simple steps in this guide you should now be able to login without a password!
Since you are now “free” from Windows 10 password, kindly share why you removed login password windows 10. Use the “Leave a Reply” form at the end of this page.