Do you want to download the 7-Zip compression tool on your Windows 11 PC but have no idea how? Read through this guide, as it contains multiple methods to download this tool in Windows 11.
This guide teaches two ways to download 7-Zip. Firstly, you will learn how to download the application on your Windows 11 computer through the Microsoft store.
Secondly, this guide will teach you how to download the app via 7-Zip’s official website. Besides, you will find answers to some of the most asked questions relating to 7-Zip in this guide’s FAQ section.
Download 7-Zip in Windows 11 Through Microsoft Store
You can download the 7-Zip application on your Windows 11 computer through the Microsoft store. The following steps and screenshots demonstrate how to accomplish that.
- On the Windows 11 taskbar, click the Search button (magnifying glass icon). Then, input “Microsoft store” (without the quotes) in the search field and select the Microsoft Store app under the Best match result.
- Consequently, the Microsoft Store application should open on your computer. Hence, type “7 zip” in the search field and select the 7-Zip for Windows app from the search result.
- After doing that, click the blue Install button. Accordingly, the application will start to download and automatically install on your Windows 11 computer.
Download 7-Zip in Windows 11 from the 7-Zip’s Official Website
As expected, you can also download the 7-Zip application from the 7-Zip official website. To do that, cautiously follow the subsequent procedures and screenshot images.
- Firstly, open the Download 7-Zip webpage (the link opens in a new tab). On the webpage, click the first download link in the Download 7-Zip 22.01 (2022-07-15) table If you use a 64-bit Windows 11 computer.
However, if you use a 32-bit Windows 11 PC, click the second download link on the table.
- Subsequently, the 7-Zip installation file should automatically start downloading on your Windows 11 computer.
- After the file has been downloaded on your PC, locate it, then double-click it to open it – the file’s name should be something like 7z2201-x64. Therefore, you will receive a prompt requesting permission to allow the app to make changes to your device – select Yes to continue.
- After that, click the Install button on the setup window to begin installing the 7-Zip application.
- Finally, click the Close button on the setup window when the application has been successfully installed on your PC.
Frequently Asked Questions About Downloading 7-Zip in Windows 11
Yes, you can use the 7-Zip application on your Windows 11 computer.
The 7z file extension is a file extension used for a file created by the 7-Zip compression application.
Sure, the 7-Zip is a free compression tool supported by the Windows operating system and many other platforms.
The 7-Zip application was released on July 18, 1999.
Yes, the 7-Zip application is available on the Microsoft store. As a matter of fact, the application is free to download.
My Final Thoughts About Downloading 7-Zip in Windows 11
7-Zip is a free and open-source application for compressing files. Furthermore, this compression tool was developed by Igor Pavlov and released in 1999.
Besides, as an open-source compression tool, it’s no surprise why most Windows 11 users wish to download 7-Zip. Fortunately, this guide provided multiple methods to download this free tool on your Windows 11 computer.
To be more specific, we discovered how to download the tool through the Microsoft store and 7-Zip’s official website.
I hope you were able to download this free compression tool on your Windows 11 PC with the help of this guide. If you were, kindly share your opinion with our community at Itechguides Community.
You may also provide feedback or ask questions associated with this guide at Itechguides Community.
Finally, visit our Windows 11 How-To page for more Windows 11 guides.
To ask a question or comment about this article, visit the article's topic at Itechguides Community