If WhatsApp Web QR code is not working. That is, the QR codes is not getting scanned it may be caused by a number of things – mostly internet-related.
Here are some of the reasons why you may not be able to scan WhatsApp Web QR code:
- You are using your phone as a hotspot and sharing the internet with your computer
- Your phone is not connected to the internet. Or the internet connection is not strong enough
- There is no internet connection on your computer. Or the connection is weak
- WhatsApp service may be down
How to Fix WhatsApp Web QR Code Not Working
Based on the potential causes of this problem, listed in the introduction here are ways to fix the problem.
If WhatsApp Web QR code is not getting scanned, try the following:
- If you are using your phone as a hotspot on your computer, change your computer to a different internet connection
- Check that your phone is connected to the internet.
- Confirm that you can browse on your computer
- Check the internet speed on your computer and phone
- Confirm that WhatsApp is NOT down. To check WhatsApp service status, click Downdetector.com (opens in a new tab).
WhatsApp Web QR Code Not Working? Confirm Internet Connection
Here are things you can do to confirm internet connection:
- One easy way to check that your phone is connected to the internet is to visit a site from a browser on your phone.
- Also check that your computer is not offline. To confirm, visit a site from your computer.
- Check that you have not run out of data on your phone. If you are on Pay as you go data, you may have run out of data. Confirm.
WhatsApp Web QR Code Not Working? Check Your Internet Speed
One reason WhatsApp Web QR code may not be working may be due to slow internet speed. To check your the speed of your internet connection (both on your phone and computer):
- Open Google.com and type my internet speed
- Then click RUN SPEED TEST. Wait for the test to complete.
- Speed test will run Download and Upload tests. Then return a result.
- The test will tell you whether your speed is slow (See the highlighted portion of the image). If it is slow, change the connection then trying scanning WhatsApp Web QR code again. If it still does not work, try any of the suggested fixes in the next section.
Other Ways to Fix WhatsApp Web QR Code Not Working
If any of the above does not fix the problem try the following:
- Change to another browser
- Clear browser cache
- Update your browser to the latest version
- Restart your phone
- Restart your computer
I hope one of the suggested fixes above resolved the error for you!
To help other readers kindly use the “Leave a Reply” form to share the solution that worked for you. You may also share a feedback about this guide.