This Itechguide teaches you how to tag someone in a Facebook post. The guide offers steps to tag someone in a Facebook post from the App or from a PC.
1How to Tag Someone in a Facebook Post from the App
- Open the Facebook App on your phone. Then login with your account.
- On top of the App, tap What’s on your mine? field. This will open Create post.
- On the New post pop up, tap What’s on your mine?
- Then type the @ sign. To get to the @ sign, tap !#1 key on your keyboard. Then tap the @ sign.
- When you type @ sign, Facebook will automatically suggest names of friends to tag. If you want to tag any of the persons suggested, tap on the name.
- Alternatively, to tag another person, start typing the person’s name. Facebook will list names of your friends that begins with the name you typed. To tag someone in a Facebook post, tap the name from the list.
- The person you selected will appear in your post. To share the post, tap POST.
2How to Tag Someone in a Facebook Post from a PC
- Open Facebook.com from your PC. Then, if you are not logged already, login with your account.
- On your Facebook News Feed page, click on What’s on your mind?
- Then, beneath the new post pop up window, click Tag friends.
- When you click Tag friends, a field labelled Who are you with? will be displayed just above the Tag friends button.
- Start typing the name of the friend you want to tag in the post. Facebook will display a list of your friends that their name begin with the letters you typed. To tag someone in a Facebook post, select the name from the list.
- To tag more friends in the pots, type the name and select the best match from the list.
- When you finish tagging all the people you want to, to share the post click Post.
It is this easy to tag someone in a Facebook post! I hope you found this Itechguide helpful. If you found it helpful, kindly vote Yes to the “Was this post Helpful” question below.
Alternatively, you could use the “Leave a Reply” form founds towards the end of this page to ask a question or leave a comment.
Finally, for more Social media Itechguides, visit our Social Media page.