This Itechguide teaches you how to block people on Instagram. The guide covers steps to block someone on Instagram from the App or from a PC.
1How to Block People on Instagram from Instagram App
- Open the Instagram App on your phone.
- Then, tap the search tab – next to the Home tab.
- Then, on the search bar (on top of the app), type the name of the person you want to block on Instagram. Instagram search will return a list of people matching your search – tap the person you want to block.
- When the person’s profile opens, tap the 3 dots on the top right of the profile. Finally, from the list of options, tap Block or Restrict. Then confirm the blocking or restriction – see the images below…
2How to Block People on Instagram from a PC (Instagram.com)
If you use Instagram from a PC, you will be able to block people but not “restrict” them.
Here are the steps…
- Open Instagram.com from your PC and sign in to your account.
- Then, in the search bar type the name of the person you want to block. From the list returned, click the person you want to block.
- When the person’s profile opens, click the 3 dots right of the profile picture.
- Then, from the list of displayed options, click Block this user.
I hope you found this Itechguide helpful! If you found it helpful, kindly vote Yes to the “Was this post Helpful” question below.
Alternatively, you can ask a question, leave a comment or provide a feedback about this Itechguide. Use the “Leave a Reply” form found towards the end of this page.
Finally, if you love this Itechguide, you can read similar guides in our Social Media how to page.