This Itechguide teaches you how to DM on Twitter. The guide covers steps to DM on Twitter from a PC, Android or iPhone.
Expand “Browse Post Topics” below to go straight to a topic.
1How to DM on Twitter from a PC (Twitter.com)
- Open Twitter.com from a browser on your PC. Then, login with your Twitter account.
- On the left pane of the page, click the Messages tap.
- Then, on the Messages page, click New message. New message will open in a pop up window.
- On the New message pop up, type the name of the message you want to DM (send a private message). Twitter search will display a list of users that match your search.
- Click on the user you want to DM (send a private message). You can select multiple users.
- When you finish selecting users, on the top right of the pop up window, click Next.
- Finally, to DM on Twitter, at the bottom right of the New message window, type your message and click the Send button.
2How to DM on Twitter from Android
- Open Twitter App on your Android phone and sign in with your Twitter account.
- At the bottom right of the App, tap the Messages tab
- When the Messages tab opens, you can either tap Write a message or tap the icon.
- Then, on the New message screen, if the person you want to DM (send a message) is listed, tap the name. Otherwise use the search box to find the person. You can select more than one user.
- After selecting the user(s) you want to send direct message, on the top right of the screen, tap NEXT.
- Finally, tap the Start a message field then and type your message. To send the massage, tap the Send button.
3How to DM on Twitter from iPhone
- Open Twitter App on your iPhone. Then, sign in with your Twitter account (skip this step if you already signed in to the App).
- When the App opens your Twitter account, tap the Messages tab (last tab, bottom right of the App). The App will open Messages screen.
- At the middle of the Messages page, tap Write a message or the New message icon. New message page will open.
- When the New message page opens, search for the person you want to send a direct massage. Then tap the person’s name from the results. The Start a message field will become available beneath the screen.
- Finally, to DM on Twitter, type your message in the Start a message field, then tap the Send button.
It is this easy to DM on Twitter! I hope you found this Itechguide helpful. If you found it helpful, kindly vote Yes to the “Was this post Helpful” question below.
Alternatively, you could ask a question, leave a comment or provide a feedback with the “Leave a Reply” form found towards the end of this page.
Finally, for more Social media Itechguides, visit our Social Media how to page.