If you try opening gpedit.msc from Windows 10 Home you will receive the error message windows cannot find gpedit.msc or gpedit.msc not found.
The reason for windows cannot find gpedit.msc is because Windows 10 Home does not ship with Group Policy editor.
This guide provides a quick fix for this error message.
How to Fix Windows Cannot Find GPEDIT.MSC Error
As I said in my introduction, windows cannot find gpedit.msc error message occurs because gpedit.msc is not included in Windows 10 Home edition.
Based on this, there are two ways you can resolve windows cannot find gpedit.msc error:
- Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise
- Install a third party tool (GPEdit.MSC)
Method 1 to Fix Windows Cannot Find GPEDIT.MSC Error: Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise
There are two steps to upgrade to a version that supports gpedit.msc:
- Buy a Windows 10 Pro License.
If you purchase any of the products listed above, iTechGuides.com may receive a small commission. To read our full disclosure, click Affiliate Disclosure.
- Next, Install Windows 10. During installation, enter your Pro license key.
Method 2 to Fix Windows Cannot Find GPEDIT.MSC Error: Install GPEdit Enabler
Follow the steps below to install GPEdit Enabler:
- Click GPEdit Enabler to download the the batch file. Save the file to a preferred location on your computer.
- Open the location you saved the batch file. Right-click it and select Run as Administrator.
I hope you have been able to fix Windows Cannot Find GPEDIT.MSC Error message. If you have any question or comments use the “Leave a Reply” form at the end of the page.
Alternatively, you could share your experience resolving Windows Cannot Find GPEDIT.MSC Error.
The script I provided in this post is from itechtics.com. It was NOT written by iTechGuides.com. Big thank you to the guys at itechtics.com.