This Itechguide teaches you how to make YouTube videos private. The guide covers steps to make YouTube videos private from a PC (YouTube.com), iPhone or Android.
Expand “Browse Post Topics” below to go straight to a topic.
1How to Make YouTube Videos Private from a PC (YouTube.com)
- Open YouTube.com from a browser on your PC. Then sign in with your Google Account.
- On the top right of the page, click your YouTube account profile icon. A set of options will be displayed.
- From the displayed options, click YouTube Studio.
- Then, on the left pane of YouTube Studios, click the Videos tab.
- Beside the video you want to make private, hover over the Visibility column. A drop-down will be displayed beside the current visibility status of the video.
- Click the displayed drop-down. A set of privacy options will be displayed.
- Then, from the displayed drop-down options, select Private.
- Finally, to make YouTube videos private, at the bottom right of the drop-down, click Save.
- The video Visibility status will now display as Private. If want to share a Private YouTube video, follow the steps in this Itechguide – How to Share Private YouTube Videos.
2How to Make YouTube Videos Private from Android or iPhone
- Open the YouTube Studio App from your phone. If you have not installed the App, install it before you proceed to the next step.
- When the App opens, tap the 3 lines on the top left of the App. A set of options will be displayed.
- Then, from the displayed options, tap Videos. All your YouTube videos will be displayed.
- Tap to open the video you want to make private.
- When the video opens, on the top right of the video, tap the edit icon (looks like a pencil). The video will open for editing.
- Scroll down to the Privacy section of the video and tap the drop-down beside the current Privacy status. A list of privacy settings will be displayed.
- From the displayed options, tap Private.
- Finally, to save your video privacy settings, on the top right of the screen tap SAVE.
It is this easy to make YouTube videos private! I hope you found this Itechguide helpful. If you found it helpful, kindly vote Yes to the “Was this post Helpful” question below.
Alternatively, you could ask a question, leave a comment or provide a feedback with the “Leave a Reply” form found towards the end of this page.
Finally, for more Music & video streaming Itechguides, visit our Music & Video Streaming how to page.