If you buy a product via some of the links in this post, as an Amazon Associate Itechguides.com earn from qualifying purchases.
This Itechguide teaches you how to install Windows 10 2009 Update Manually.
Windows 10 20H2 (also known as Windows 10 October 2020) update was released October 20, 2020.
Microsoft will release Windows 10 2009 update to users gradually. Over time, this major, bi-annual feature update will become available to download and install via Windows update.
However, if you want to install Windows 10 2009 update manually, follow the steps below to download and install it:
- Click the Windows 10 update link – Microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 (link opens in a new browser tab).
- When the “Download Windows 10” page opens, click Update now.
- When the Windows 10 update assistant is downloaded, click on the file to open the wizard.
- When you click the update tool, you will receive a User Account Control (UAC) confirmation request. To launch the tool, click Yes.
- Then, wait for the Windows 10 update assistant to open. To start installing Windows 10 2009 update manually, on the bottom right, click Update Now.
- To proceed, on the bottom right of the update assistant wizard, click Next.
- Then, wait for Windows 10 2009 update to download to your computer.
- To display Windows 10 update assistant again, look for the Windows 10 Update Assistant shortcut on your desktop and double-click it.
- To completely install Windows 10 2009 update manually and immediately, on the bottom right of the Window, click Restart now. You will receive a notification that you are about to be signed out. Close the message.
- When the update is completed, login to your PC. Windows 10 2009 Update would have been installed!
- To confirm that your PC updated successfully, search for winver, then open it.
I hope you found this Itechguide helpful? If you found it helpful, click Yes to Was this helpful? below.
You could also ask a question, leave a comment, or provide feedback with the “Leave a Reply” form found at the end of this page.