This guide demos 7 ways to open Control Panel in Windows 10.
Options to Open Control Panel in Windows 10
Here are the different ways you can open Control Panel in Windows 10:
- Using Run Command
- From Command Prompt
- Using Search
- From PowerShell
- Open Control Panel from System32 Folder
- From Windows 10 Settings
- Open from System Properties
1Open Control Panel from Run Command
This is the quickest way to access Control Panel in Windows 10.
Here are the steps:
- Press Windows logo + R key to open Run command.
- At Run command, type Control Panel. Then press OK.
2Access Control Panel from Command Prompt
You can also access Control Panel in Windows 10 from Command Prompt.
Here are the steps:
- Type cmd into the search bar. Then click Command Prompt.
- At command prompt, type Control Panel. Then press enter.
3Access Control Panel From Search
Another easy way to open Control Panel is via search. Here is how:
- Type Control Panel in the search bar.
- Then click Control Panel from the result.
4Open Control Panel From PowerShell
This method is similar to Command Prompt method. The only difference is that you now use PowerShell instead of CMD.
Detailed steps below:
- Right-click Windows start menu. Then click Windows PowerShell.
- At PowerShell Command prompt, type Control Panel. Then press enter.
5Open Control Panel from System32 Folder
You can access Control Panel from its executable file, Control.exe. Here are the steps:
- Right-click Start menu. Then click File Explorer.
- When File Explorer opens, click This PC.
- Finally, navigate to C:\Windows\System32
6Open Control Panel from Windows Settings
Here is another method to access Control Panel in Windows 10:
- Right-click Start menu. Then select Settings.
- When Windows Settings opens, type Control Panel in the search bar. Then select it.
7Open Control Panel from System Properties
This is the last method covered in this guide. Here are the steps:
- Right-click start menu. Then click File Explorer. From the left pane, right-click This PC and click Properties.
- When System Properties opens, on the navigation bar click Control Panel.
These are the various ways you can open Control Panel. Though Microsoft is promoting the new Windows 10 settings, most Sys Admins still need access to the old Windows features for admin purposes.
Control Panel is one important feature that is no longer easily accessible from start menu like it should to be in Windows 7. With this guide it should be easy to open Control Panel in Windows 10.
If I missed another easy way to open Control Panel, kindly share with the “Leave a Reply” form. The found is just at the end of this page. You could also share your view about the guide.
For more Windows guides visit our Windows How To page.